Do you know what is carpet padding? Well this is the pad which is placed underneath your carpet and works as an insulator. So, if you are wondering how to clean it, then here we will explain the entire procedure in order to preserve the good look and shape of your carpet padding.
1. According carpet cleaning experts to make your carpet padding clean you will need white vinegar, hot water, dust mask, cold soda and a mixture of peroxide.
2. Examine the carpet padding for any stains. Then you should identify the affected areas. For instance, the stains may be caused by oil spills or some other liquids.
3. For the essential part of the cleaning you have to make a solution of 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 litre of hot water and a few drops of some effective carpet shampoo. You can also use a solution of 3 cups of club soda plus a mixture of peroxide and 7 cups of water.
4. Apply some of the homemade mixtures above to the affected areas on your carpet padding to clean them. Gently rub the stains until they disappear. If the stains are still fresh you have to remove as much of them as you can first and then use the homemade solutions to remove them.
5. To complete the process, carpet cleaning London professionals recommend leaving the carpet padding dry in some shady place. The direct sun is not recommended as it will harden the carpet padding and this will damage it.