OK so you have relocated from your own country to the capital city of the United Kingdom, London. You have hired a man and van prices, based in London company, to aid you with the relocation. In terms of moving there many London firms that have services abroad, so if you seek a moving company that serves expats coming to London, read the removal company London section in the U.K foreigners guide.
Once you have unpacked there are many difficulties that await you until you get adapted to the way of life in the London. Here are some pointers that you can follow so that your integration process in easier.
- Make connections- Don’t stay at home go outside and make some connections. Human beings are social animals so you should try to make some new friends. A good place to start is your neighbors. Another option is to seek a club of expat that are from your home country. This will make you feel as if you are in your home country.
- Communicate- Make sure to learn the local tongue. If you are not able to express yourself to the people that surround you, you may start feeling depressed as nobody will understand you. If you are not fluent in the local language stop wasting time and subscribe to some language courses.
- Visualize- The human brains main cognitive ability comes from the eyes. Therefore watch your new environment try to get the lifestyle patterns. This will give you the opportunity to accept much easily the things that are normal for this part of the world.
- Be optimistic- Never give up no matter how hard things seem to be. By believing that you can get through this new adventure and that you will be able to integrate yourself in this society is the key for success.
- Accept the new culture- No matter how different the English culture is from yours, give it a chance. Different is not a synonym of worse or bad.