If you eat something tasty with ketchup, there is nothing wrong with that. The terrible situation comes when it ends up on your clothes or carpet. And you probably need a good decision and you need it now!
Here is a well-working method from the practice of cleaners Upper Holloway that will take you for about 20 minutes and won’t take any special efforts from your side.
- It’s the most important first to start treating the stain right after it has been formed. Take as much as possible from the excess ketchup with a spoon in order to protect from getting it into the fabrics and not spreading it all over the area;
- Turn the item on its back side and rinse the stained area with cold water. The running water force the stain to the other side not to the fabrics;
- Take a good liquid detergent and rub gently a little amount of it on the stain. Begin rubbing it from the outside to the center of the stain;
- For white items with such types of stains you may use mild bleach, lemon juice or white vinegar. For applying use a sponge, then rinse with water;
- Repeat applying detergent and bleaching when there is no remaining stain on the item;
- Then, cleaners Upper Holloway advise you to add a little stain remover for several minutes and wash it as usually;
- When going to dry, always check the item carefully, because the heat makes stains permanent.