If you have a house with a garden, you probably love to sit in it, enjoying the good weather during spring and summer. This is very pleasant and relaxing, but good and neat atmosphere is needed. That is why it is a good idea to clean your patio before the warm seasons. The thing is, though, that patio cleaning can be a serious task, and you might need some tips and help.
Depending on how big and dirty your patio is, the task for cleaning and maintaining it can really be a challenge, especially if you don’t have a jet washing machine. You can spend days just to restore the original looks of your yard and patio.
Here is a list of tips, which will help you manage this task more easily and fast:
- The first thing that you have to do is the de-clutter your patio. Remove everything from it, so that you can operate more easily.
- Sweep the patio with a broom or rinse it with a hosepipe. You must remove the dirt, debris and leaves from it.
- There probably is weed between the tiles of your patio. Take a kitchen knife or a small spud and remove the weed. If you want you can use pesticides for the purpose, but you have to be careful so not to hurt yourself or the plants in your garden.
Things You’ll Need:
- Water (you can use rain water, if you want)
- Chlorine or Oxygen bleach
- Brown soap
- Soda crystals
How to Clean Concrete Patio
- Take the bucket and fill it up with water. Add one cup bleach to it and your cleaning solution is ready.
- Take the brush and rub your entire patio with it, using the above solution. Be careful if you are going to use chlorine bleach, as it might damage your plants.
- If your patio is too dirty, you can use undiluted bleach. Pour some of it directly on the paving and let it stay for a few minutes. Scrub with the brush again, afterwards, and rinse with water.
- If you are cleaning your patio regularly, there is no need of using bleach, as you can replace it with brown soap. It is safer and does a good job, too. Pour some of it on the patio and pour water over it. Rub with the brush and rinse with water in the end.
How to Clean Stone Patio
- Pour one cup brown soap or soda crystals in a bucket of water. Stir to mix the products well, and pour the solution over the patio lavishly. Jet washing experts from London recommend that you check, if your patio tiles can be cleaned with this solution before you use it, though. Some tiles and paving stones need special cleaners.
- After you pour the solution on the patio, rub with a stiff brush to remove the dirt that is stuck in the grout, and let it stay for a few hours.
- Rinse with water, but be careful because the soapy water might damage your plants and lawn.
- Buy a pressure washer, so that you can clean and rinse your patio more easily.
- Instead of a bucket, you can use a water hose. It will save you a lot of efforts from carrying buckets of water.
- Always wear gloves when working with bleach.
- You can use salt or white vinegar to remove weed from between the patio tiles.
- Don’t let your children and pets come close to you when cleaning with bleach, because they might get hurt.
- Wear old clothes when cleaning your patio with bleach, because there is a big chance to ruin them.
- Never use vinegar when cleaning your patio with bleach, because you might hurt yourself.
- Bleach is poisonous.